Wednesday, May 8, 2013

New post




I haven’t blogged in sometime, and recently I have wanted to, but I have either been a little busy with work, or when the time comes, I just stare at a blank page with no thoughts in my mind.  So much has transpired since I last wrote on my blog that I wouldn’t know where to begin to tell you about any of it.  Hopefully this will be the first of many posts to come in the future, and at various times and through other posts, I can let you know what is going on and what has happened in my life. 

Probably the most significant change in my life is the divorce I went through.  My divorce was final at the end of October in 2012.  I closed out that chapter in my life by celebrating my 40th birthday with 4 of my closest (only) friends.  That weekend was filled with laughter, tears, good times and some heart ache.  That weekend I took sometime to reflect back on all that I have done in my first 40 years.  While life seems to move at a fast pace leaving us to wonder many times “where has time gone?”, I also realized that I have done, fulfilled and lived quite a bit.  But I also know that I have so much more in life that I want to see, do and accomplish.  So, I hope I have at least another 30 years in me, because I plan on using every moment I have to the fullest extent to complete my life.

So here I am now in my life and I have come to realize that most everything in life is trivial and really doesn't matter a week from now. Don't get me wrong, I still believe in what you do today affects your tomorrow and your yesterday influenced today.  So I plan on doing more for me and less for others. I will still do for others and be there for my friends when they need me. Hell even when they don't need me I will be there. What I mean is I'm going to start on the things that I want to accomplish in my next 30 years. I've always thought that I had to be with someone to be able to do anything and being alone meant I wasn't allowed to do anything. Well I've come to realize that's bull shit. No more. Next time you see someone eating alone in a restaurant or sitting alone in a theater, stop and think before you feel sorry for them.  Just maybe that person is happy being alone. I know I am. Now I'm still searching for the one. And she could just be around the corner. But until I meet her I'm still going to do for me. I just hope she is willing to ride along with me. 

With that said I am going to end my first post in sometime. I have a thought on the next one and I'm going to start gathering my thoughts. It's going to be hard writing that one. Maybe the hardest I've written. 

Me

I will inflict the pain, but I will kiss away the tears.

No comments: